View Single Post
Old 09-19-2019, 08:05 AM

Default Bow hunting, again.

So after selling my bow 9 years ago to buy a rifle because we couldn’t afford not to harvest a dear. I had limited access land, gas was expensive for the old truck, we were saving for a house and I was new to bowhunting in Alberta. It was just easier at the time to buy a rifle to make sure the hunt was productive, that was all. I sold my bow to a fellow AO member and immediately regretted it, I loved my bow.
Anyway fast forward to last Sat night, my wife says out of the blue it’s time to start bow hunting again. We have our house, great careers, toys, and a much different life now. Go buy a bow. I laughed and said it’s gonna be expensive. She said here’s your budget. So with wife’s blessing a new Hoyt came home with all the trimmings. I had it set up Monday night, and shot it Tuesday night. It was like I had not stopped shooting, my old friend was back. Now my muscles are a bit sore, but I am in the bull at 20,30, and 40 consistently. Paper tuned well, walk back tuned well. Good to go. Gonna go friday night to finalize settings but come Monday, I’ll be on a decent property with good deer numbers.
I’ll post some pics, lol. Just wanted to say I’m back in the saddle and happy as a kid at xmas.
Thanks for listening,
Tullfan.