View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Won't last long. Perch live 7 years. Without predation stunting is around the corner.
I think they say the big ones are 8 to 10 years old now. As long as they eat enough of themselves it might help. Projection estimates already put the perch population in the lake at 1 billion... although I don't know where they all are because seriously I have trouble finding perch in that lake and can't find the little guys. They must be hiding from the big ones.

Over time it will tend toward the mean and they aren't really sure how long that will take. 2016 test netting results show that overall the average size of the perch was still increasing. So it hasn't even hit its peak yet. So we're probably ok for a few more seasons.

Speaking with Tackle Tom down in Cascade he said prior to the original perch Collapse a large fish was around 12 to 13 inches. So eventually will probably get back to a regular fishery. Till then I'll be hitting it just for kicks.

The Fishing Doctors Adventures - You May Watch More Than You Bargained For, haha!
https://www.youtube.com/TheFishingDoctorsAdventures