Thread: Scotch
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2017, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
You know Racks, my son got me a bottle of that Two Brewers for Christmas this past year, and I have to honestly say that I wasn't really that fond of it. Still have some left (my son drank most of it, maybe that was his plan?)...so I may give it another try here just to see if my opinion has changed. I know that the first thought I have about it is that it is too floral for me, if memory serves. Will man up and try again, and see if it is better than I initially thought....*Edit* just looked at my bottle, it is not the peated whisky.

Thanks for the heads-up on the Balvenie at Solo too, I'm due to put one of those back in the cabinet. TC
Yeah, it's not my first choice. I agree with your assessment. I didn't find even the peated release to have much depth to it. Goes down smooth though, if I had to put a label on it, and once I quit trying to accept it as a scotch I found it much better actually. The peat is a nice touch.

How do you like the 12yr Doublewood? I had a bottle of it on the shelf earlier in the year, I don't anymore, guess it passed the taste test, lol. Had the 14yr Caribbean Cask too. Liked that one, just a little sweet. As long as you're a fan of the sweeter finishings, it's a nice pour. Similar, to my untrained palate, to the 18yr Glenmorangie. Not as good, but that rum cask finishing gives it the same almost dessert-like category to me.