View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 12:21 AM

Why is there a need for a defence fund?

There is different levels of severity that should be settled in the Court. IMO there is a difference between blowing a kid away and taking a shot at them to tell them not to come back.....maybe Mr. Knight stepped over the line...maybe not.

What I suggest he do is go hire a lawyer that doesn't break the bank. Tell him to tell the Judge that he is an accomplished marksman and knows the ballistics and blah blah bla. How he only got him with a few pellets much like just like Dad taught him and how he used to shoot rabbits and only hit them with one or two pellets....."Ya know, so ya don't wreck the pelt yer Honour".

The kid was only in the hospital for a bit.......good shot.

This situation diffused after the gun came out with not much damage. Good thing that the kids ran when he had the gun as it could have turned out a lot worse.

In the end the gun diffused the situation and this is showing gun ownership in a postitive light. Three guys on one without one is not not gonna be good. At the end of the day had he not had the gun he'd be the guy in the ditch. That being said IMO he should have shot a little higher

We have the right to protect ourselves and our property.

If 5000 of us gave $50 the guy would be getting $250 000

I'd walk into the court room and tell them exactly what I did

I would not be paying that kind of $$ to a lawyer.....crap, they give ya one for free if you want

Personally I'd use a friends brother's buddy for $5000 and be done with it...but each to their own.

I don't think we should turn this into a reward system for shooting people and this thread should be used to discuss the details of the case and personal opinions.

If Mr. Knight really wants our help let him come on here and ask and he can show us where the money is going and how much he needs.

Someone more adventurous than I should start a poll on what he should choose between "Judge alone" or "Jury".

I'd choose "Judge alone".

tm

Last edited by Tundra Monkey; 04-02-2009 at 12:37 AM.