View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 05:02 PM

If you are just loading to punch paper or shoot varmints, try just neck sizing. Needs no lube, except a tiny bit in the case mouth for the expander ball not to squeak. That squeak is very bad for making coecentric rounds.

If you must FL size try using RCBS, or any other quality, water soluable lube and cutting it in half with water before putting it on your lube pad. Apply very sparingly, it is hard to believe just how little lube it really needs. If you can see any kind of lube ripple you have way too much.

Imperial sizing wax works great for forming brass and for the inside of the case mouth. If i use it for full length I spread a very small amount on a lube pad, let it soak in for 15 minutes and then roll them. Fingers apply too much and not evenly, which is bad for even sizing.

Finally, even really big dimples are no problem at all. Even ones that crease the shoulder will come out fine with no effect on the round. Compared to some of the case forming I do, a lube dimple isn't even a small wrinkle. Best of luck, and definitely clean those dies every 100 rounds or so if you are using lube.