View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelmicallef View Post
Bass pro makes it's own gun laws. Went there with my son to buy a 22 and when I handed my son the rifle to shoulder the salesdummy freeked out, saying becuase of liabilty he could not hold the gun....... Doubt I will ever hear back. Going to send a letter to head office in the states to and tell them to .....
I hope you send that letter. I send quite a few letters, emails, and have had many blunt chats with store managers.

The only way this kind of crap gets put back into the porcelain bowl where it belongs is if we all speak up - every time. The reason things got so stuffed up in the first place is that we were quiet for years while the bobble heads were all sending letters, talking to store managers, sending letters to politicians, etc.

See how that works?

I speak up lots. No swearing and no insults. Just real plain talk about how it is and how it isn't, what the law requires and does not require and how I will not go along to get along with an anti-gun attitude and don't have to ever buy anything in Store X again if I don't want to and how I can - and will - make a point about talking to others I know, etc. etc.

Even when there seems to have been no effect, I feel better. Much better, actually.

ps: Sometimes it just is a dud salesman and the manager is glad to know about his peculiar behaviour and/or phobia.

Last edited by Rocky7; 09-20-2012 at 11:05 PM.