View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepguide View Post
Hal's put up some good points in both threads!! We are all still waiting for yours deanmc!!!
Okay since you asked.

1. Verify all WIN #’s are valid people

• Proof of passed hunters training certificate
• Proof of Residency
• Picture I.D verification to obtain Win card ( and even have picture on Win cards)

Good Idea.
2. New Albertans have to have residency for 1 year before obtaining a Win Card ( Canadian armed forces are waived one year wait)
Excellent Idea. Could not agree more.
3. Price increase for draw application

What kind of increase and for what reason? I am disturbed with what seems like the beginning of a trend to just price lower income people out of the sport.

4. Deadline date to purchase draws .

• Failure to do so, will forfeit that said draw, and it’s priority points.
• Draws not purchased at deadline, go to the next available hunter.
• Doctors note or justified unforeseeable circumstances explaination can save forfeiture of priority points. ( if accepted before the deadline)

Not sure how this would help as their is an expectation that some successful draws will never be used and this is factored while calculating available tags.

5. Draws that have a priority of more than 7 years , work off the priority system, with an allotment for 1 lottery tag, of which the hunter has less than 7 years priority.

Wont that add people into the system and actually increase the time and priority needed to get these ?

6. Non resident hunters have their own dedicated draws, with a smaller % dedicated to them, according to harvest reports .

Not enough information. I would prefer that any draw that needs more than priority 5 unavailable to non residents.

7. Harvest reports are mandatory at the end of every season, for all hunters. Draws can not be purchased until survey is completed.

Ridiculous. Like forcing people to vote. Would take all credibility out of the system. I would prefer a surcharge to fund better population surveys.

8. Non residents can not be hunter hosted for , Mule deer, Sheep and Antelope, and Moose.

Answered in six. I would base this on priority not species.

9. Create a lottery draw( like 438, a, b,c) in all sheep zones for November. ( limit of one lottery per zone, and perhaps it can me ran much like the goat draw, on zones that have less Bighorn numbers)

10. Limit the number of successful draws, someone can obtain in a year. ( example 3 successful draws per season)

But applicants will still apply and 999 draws. Hence building priority and not solving anything. If you want to open opportunities you need to limit the applications. Then people only apply for draws they really are serious about and cant build priority over say 10 different categories every year.

I also have a Trophy hunting draw system I’ve thought of. That can co-exist with the system we basically have. I can pm anyone interested, it still needs input and tweeking.