View Single Post
Old 10-05-2017, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
That's a pretty interesting synopsis. I saw one player dominating the game, McDavid. He is in my opinion the best player ever, better than Gretzky, Lemieux, Jagr, Crosby, Howe...name who you want. This kid is better, and he will keep getting better. He dominated. Take him out of last nights game, Edmonton doesn't score. 60% of their offense was with him on the ice, and nobody else beat Smith or the D. The rest of the time, there was no 'Oilers dominance'. Even Leon wasn't really fantastic last night. Better than the Johnny what'shisname though, he was putrid.

Anyway, the Oilers will win games because McDavid dominates the game. Not because 'the Oilers' dominate the game. God forbid McDavid gets injured and misses half a season (or Talbot for that matter), because I enjoy watching him (that end to end goal was insane. The first where he was left alone out front was an easy goal, and the empty netter is just that).....anyway, if he disappears for half a season injured, the Oilers don't make the playoffs. The rest of the team just isn't that dominating as you seem to think. Or else the score would have been 14-1 as you predicted. But it wasn't. Not a single other Oiler scored, even playing with McDavid. He pretty much beat the Flames by himself.

For all the good a reality check ever did an Oilers fan.

On the Flames side, I was actually surprised by how well Smith played, he stopped McJesus on three seperate breaks? The D looked good, except against McJesus, who makes Brodie look slow (and he isn't). I wish the Flames would make Brouwer and Stajan go away. And if Johnny can't play with the big boys, he needs to sit. Tanner Glass might have hurt his hand making Kassian's face bleed, but Kassian sure didn't 'dominate every aspect of that fight'....

Good win for McDavid, and all those other guys who play with him.
There will be nobody ever better than Gretzky....I guarantee it