View Single Post
Old 10-06-2017, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by does it ALL outdoors View Post
Had it not been for Smith in between the pipes, it would of also been 10-1, I mean 10-0. A team can be totally dominated with a 1 goal loss, the score hardly reflected what actually happened in that game. I can't help you any more than that
Oh! The Speculation Game, my favorite! OK, my turn.....

'IF McDavid had a tummy ache and didn't play, but Smith was still in net, and IF Lucic had got sent back to the Neanderthal exhibit at the museum he obviously escaped from, and IF Jagr had been on the wing instead of Brouwer, and IF Johnny had actually played like he wasn't terrified of all the Big Men, THEN Calgary would have won that game 2-1'.

Or, 'IF the Oilers had gotten a bunch of first overall picks like Hall and Eberle and RNH and Yak, before they got McDavid, and IF those guys had played together for a bunch of years before McDavid showed up to save them, THEN the Oilers would have made the playoffs a bunch of years and won some Stanley Cups just like the Old Dynasty did, because the WHOLE Team would have just been SO good and dominating every aspect of the game.....'

This is fun! Anybody else want to speculate some more nonsense about IF?

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone