View Single Post
Old 07-29-2015, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvin View Post
Yup. I leave my bolt closed all the time. No need to Prove to YOU that she's unloalded. It's a darn picture. I imagine ur undies get all bunched reading a gun magazine? That must be pure Torture for you!?

some of you seem to miss the point. No Ramonmark you do not need to prove anything to me about anything you do. My point is i have seen time and time again field photos with the rifle bolts in a closed position. In my opinion those rifles are loaded and should be treated as such. you are done hunting and should not need to have that bolt closed. thats all I am saying and was just trying to get a bit of advice to a new hunter. It seemed that i got through to a couple of fellow hunters but a couple of you need to take a yoga class to calm down.

I personally have the solo hunter gun sock and its an easy sock to remove when you need to. Its also easy to put on after you are done hunting and have 'unloaded' your firearm and put in truck or wherever you happen to be. it keeps everything clean and dry. And yes i do get quite p:ssy when i see outdoor magazines with pics of hunters with closed bolts on their rifles. I recently was reading a Western Sportsman with a focus on youth hunting. many of the field photos showed young people with rifles (bolts closed) in one hand and a dead animal in the other. safety starts with you and hopefully doesn't end poorly. I am not one to talk as I previously was a very poor example. we had an incident with a supposed unloaded rifle and since then I have a TOTAL BOLT OPEN policy.

I don't walk around hunting with the bolt open on my rifle. For several reasons. I can't see why a photo op changes that approach. An unloaded rifle is unloaded. Regardless of your opinion.

-Billy Molls