Thread: Crossbows???
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking buffalo View Post
Do you think your semantics change the legal document or this discussion? The regulations do not allow crossbows in the archery season. These same regulations prohibit the use of spears and atlatls in the archery season....

From the Regulations:
"“archery only season” or “Archery Only Season” means an open season for the hunting of big game that is restricted to hunting only with a bow that is not a cross‑bow, or to hunting with a cross‑bow by the holder of a cross‑bow licence;"

Neither Potty's post nor the regulations say anything about a crossbow or all the other prohibited weapons for the archery season being firearms.
Yes I am very aware of what the regs say is legal and I did nowhere say I can change them. But regulations do change as do definitions and legal policies. So I do not know why in many other places the crossbow is considered archery equipment but can not be called archery equipment in this darn fine province of ours. There has been indication to keep them ranked with guns because it can stay at full draw, looks like a gun and has the misconception that it can be shot like a gun including range.