View Single Post
Old 05-30-2017, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3blade View Post
That's one tag, with a reciprocal draw for residents. And yes it is the potential starting place for problems related to the sale of wildlife, despite how much good it has done.

they want a lot more than one or two elk killed. So it goes from three ministers tags for sale currently, to a hundred in elk island, to what next? Whether you see it or don't, this is how things go to hell.

(No offense intended Nube, I know you value resident hunting opportunities and I'm not trying to be a dink)
I gotcha and appreciate your thoughts and I do not think you are trying to be a dink.
Yes they can sell a few tags and make money but they can also open it up to killing off X amount of cows per year as well to manage the numbers.

The park is seperated into 2 different areas that I know about. They could sell off X amount of Bull tags per side and then draw out a bunch of cow tags for the best case for everyone. Then people who want meat get it. Then money is made to benefit all Albertans if used correctly. If you open it up for a fee for all on bulls it isn't going to help anything and the tags won't be worth anything.

They easily could sell 4-6 tags for good money every year for bulls and harvest the desired effect worth of cows to keep numbers down to what they want.

Make sense? Would that not make the majority happy about things?