View Single Post
Old 12-22-2014, 10:38 AM

Default Kicking myself now....(pic heavy)

I have exclusive permission to hunt on a 80 acre piece of land just east of Edmonton, I did some scouting in the summer and hung cameras but no deer interested me (nothing but spikes and does) so I never ended up stepping foot on the property for the duration of hunting season. The owner of the land does not hunt big game at all and he usually keeps a trough full of feed for the critters during winter months. He started putting feed out early this year after I told him I wouldn't be hunting it at all.
I went out yesterday and grabbed the card from one of my cameras to see what came through during November....S.O.B. this guy came through twice during the rut for a quick snack in broad daylight but has not been back in well over a month now.
Can you guys help me out? How old does this deer look to you? Any guesses on a score? He is a perfectly clean 5x5, fairly wide and decently heavy.
He doesn't seem to have a very big body compared to most mature deer I have seen in the area. I am really considering getting a few more cams and finding out what trails he is using and hopefully I can get him with the bow early next season.
Thanks in advance

Here's a side view of his body size