View Single Post
Old 04-13-2018, 07:13 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbornedeerhunter View Post
I absolutely disagree. I always have a round in the chamber and the safety on from the moment I depart my vehicle to the moment I return to it. To each their own but in my opinion doing otherwise has nothing to do with safety and more to do with the user being unsure of themselves and a lack of confidence in their personal weapons handling. I can't imagine sitting while coyote calling and waiting until I have a dog come in on high alert to make the unnecessary movement and noise making that cycling the bolt would create, worse yet if it was a big deer. Chances are you would lose the opportunity.
Jeepers eh....have a safe dark walk out on uneven, slippery ground....one oops and was the safety on, was I in haste to get out and go etc....over confidence will get ya or someone else.....now if your setting up and it's go time....yup round chambered end of go time whether successful or not moving to another area take the road out of the chamber...better to have lost the opportunity then to lose a lifetime of opportunities.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...