View Single Post
Old 04-13-2018, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbornedeerhunter View Post
I would never hunt with someone who has such little faith in their own weapons handling that they are terrified to have one in chamber. Nor would I want a nervous Nellie with me who is quaking with fear because my rifle or shotgun is readied. I feel very fortunate to have a group of hunting buddies that are proficient with their firearms and trustworthy enough that we all can safely move amongst one another without fear of shooting each other in the face.
I find the nervous Nellies are the ones walking around with one in the pipe thumb on the safety, then you hear the safety click off as they swing into action when they hear a squirrel hop thru the leaves or a twig snaps. The same ones who claim they got to be ready because "things happen fast" where I hunt.

I've seen many guys who claim they are always in control, know what they are doing, bla bla, they hear something, suddenly swing around, sweep everybody with their muzzle as they click the safety off . I prefer to hunt with folks who are calm, If the rare and odd time having to chamber a round causes them to lose an opportunity it isn't the end of the world. I avoid hunting with wound too tight jumpy people who are afraid of losing an opportunity because they don't have one in the pipe.