View Single Post
Old 09-27-2017, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wind drift View Post
Your quest for more data is legitimate, but won't be attained on this forum. Talk to the area fish bio.
I am not here for data. I am here to inform others that AEP doesn't have data... They don't do their due diligence, instead they just decide what they want to do and do it and try to spin off surveys like this so they can say the people agreed with their plan...

Here is a great blog post on this subject and survey by Dave Jensen. Most will know he is a very involved individual in fisheries and he calls it exactly as it is...

http://flyfishalberta.com/jensenflyf...-trout-survey/

I strongly implore that anyone filling out this survey say no to the 5 year closures.

The other regulation changes they propose can be answered either way as most of them are bordering on meaningless(primarily changing whitefish retention from 5 to C&R and other little changes like that) but the closures absolutely have to be rejected or they will continue to close more and more waterbodies every year just as they have with walleye and now wanted to do with pike as well(as was hinted at in their last survey).