View Single Post
Old 08-23-2016, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Conservation View Post
Well said Lefty.

When I lived in Alberta, I was a member of the AFGA. I did not agree with all of their policies and decisions, but I never walked away. I stepped up and took a leadership position in my club. I made my position known, and did what I could to make my concerns known to AFGA executive. As others have said, there always seemed to be few who would step up and take a leadership position, leaving the same few to continue on in executive positions. Without new people stepping up and bringing forth their ideas, status quo remains. If we want change we have to be part of the solution.
Agreed run for a position on the AFGA board get elected and make change, quitting a club is easy but sometimes there are things that are the way they are for reasons the average member doesn't see or understand. I do think most clubs/organizations do need to work on their communication with the general membership though.

If AFGA really has soured you I suggest joining another club. Which ever one you choose to join just make sure you join and let yourself be counted as a hunter of this province. I use to be an AFGA member but chose to Join ABWSF as it was more in line with my interest.