View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Why not keep the debate on the other thread... Saves me correcting the facts in more than one place :-)

There has been trout stocked in the last 4 years. Any of those survivors will be on their way to 50 cm. Patience is not so difficult if you realize the long term benefits. It seems to be short sighted to take a trout just after stocking from the hatchery instead of letting them grow a bit more. On the other hand...the other thread listed tons of water where they still stock the small fish and you can harvest them...still with pellets in their guts.

These regulations are NOT catch and release. Trying to twist the facts to imply that it is catch and release somehow...seems to be misleading.

These are put and take regulations. Pure and simple... Just improving the overall quality of the fishery for everyone to benefit. Totally everyone will benefit if one is not short sighted.

IMHO
100% agree with Sundancefisher. I think that jusfloatin is stirring the pot. Don't get me wrong I think it's good to voice a different opinion, but only if you have some what of an informed knowledge base. Jusfloatin what are your opinions based on? Do you have scientific facts to prove your claims (I have read your opinions on another board as well as on this one) or are you just throwing out a bunch of comments to stir the pot? I don't see what you think is wrong with having larger fish to catch in a few lakes in this province when there are so many more lakes in Alberta that are catch and keep. It's looks to me that you fish strickly to eat (just my opinion from reading your comments) which is fine as long as it's done with in the rules and regulations which I'm sure you do. But there are many lakes available to you that you can take a few fish home to have for dinner. K lakes will still be that way as well only your meal will be larger. There are only a handful of lakes in Alberta that are managed as trophy lakes, and what over 250 that are catch and keep. There are alot of anglers in Alberta that practice catch and release which is their right under the rules and regulations for the water body they are fishing. I am one of the catch and release fisherman, so I promise that when I go to K lakes and catch a 50 cm plus fish I will release it so that you can catch it to take it home.