View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 01:11 PM

Default Crossbow Hunting?

Hey guys! I know this topic isn't the most favourite for bow hunters, but I have to post this. I have been bowhunting since I was twelve years old, I am now 19. Last year was my first year to hunt in Alberta as a resident, So I bought a brand new Hoyt Alphaburner, and all the nice stuff to go with it. Well, The thing is, about a week after I bought it, I couldn't pull it back due to excruciating pain in my wrists and shoulders... I later found out that I have a rare case of Rheumatoid arthritis, now it is all over my body and some days I don't know what to do. I've been looking at crossbows for hunting, but realized that I can't hunt with it in alberta without a license. I still love the concept of bowhunting, having to get so close, and all that good stuff, so I don't want to switch to gunhunting, plus i've had a bad experience with a gun... Anyways, I am just wondering what criteria do I have to meet to get this crossbow license and where do I get it? If people could help with this without the hate between bowhunters and crossbowhunters than I would grateful! Thank you everyone.