View Single Post
Old 12-13-2018, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip-in-Z View Post
Dec 12th .... Z-z Update.

Spent the day at RR23 South access road, was fishing in 5 fow on sand weed bottom with 8-9” ice went out to 15-18 fow same thickness. Got set up & first White in 5 minutes then the rest of the day was a disaster, everything from equipment problems to loosing 3 Whites in the hole, actually one of them was in the shack but flipped & went back down the hole. Caught 2 walleye on same Brown W/W, decided to put the camera out about 7-8 ft behind the shack, they kept their distance. They were chasing dark colors today, Brown & Black W/W got their interest, they turned away from all the other colored patterns. Was planning to try Gull tomorrow but not if it’s as windy as forecasted, maybe I need a day off or try Sylvan again.

Did an autopsy on the I cleaned today it had the same tiny clear/white pellets/beads, did a search, I believe they’re “Whitefish Eggs” if that’s what these are, I was surprise, Whites eating their own eggs. The other items were fresh water shrimp & look like caddis larva houses.

A few pic’s …. at least I didn’t drop the Panasonic down the hole, only lost my tent pole.

D.

Whites sure chased this black W/W around today, too bad I couldn’t hook/land them.

I had similar findings at mcgregor lake yesterday the whitefish I did catch was full off eggs in its belly and fresh water shrimp. Question though is that an empty egg sack in the background?

This is what I tied up for the next outing
Attached Images
File Type: jpg D635345B-5AC3-4092-B025-8B1D01CB00D8.jpg (10.6 KB, 87 views)