View Single Post
Old 03-20-2018, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timsesink View Post
There's tons of lakes you can quad into. I really wish they made this a non-motorized park., it would deal with 90% of the garbage and hooliganism that occurs. If you wanted to fish it you'd really have to work for it and those that did could have some peace.

I've done the circuit 3 times so I have a bit of experience. :-)
Typical government response in this case....one guy broke something on his trailer and complained the trail is bad, we all pay the price for his incompetence. I agree, to a point, limit the traffic to reduce fishing pressure and camping garbage. But my experience is the only hooligans I've ever run across there are the Black 4 legged kind, and the pesky deer walking into camp unannounced! I simply don't go on long weekends. Done.
I only hope after this improvement is completed, they adjust the gate to reduce the size of vessels allowed on the water. Too many big s x s's with 16' long or better boats going in. Those are the rigs that can't make the tight turns and end up short cutting and detours off the trail. The other issue I see with the improvements is speed. Everyone is in a rush to get in, I admit, I'm probably one of them, but holes and ruts limit that. With them gone, I see greater risk with head on traffic.
I really think the 3 main motorized trails limit access enough to maintain the parks backcountry. I see evidence of this whenever we look at our old campsite on the South shore, almost completely overgrown.