View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 01:44 AM

we were kids, on the west coast, on a camping trip with the scouts, at a place called chickadee lake on denman island, and this one kid casted his rod, and the end half came off, and up and over a dead branch that was hanging over the lake about 20' and hit the water, of course we were all laughing and hegets a fish as he is reeling his rod half out of the lake. it was pretty funny to see half a rod and a fish flapping up in a tree, we managed to break the branch and got the whole rig back and the fish was released

just last year watched a friend hook himself in the meat part of his little finger after 4 days of fishing during a houseboat trip and the only fish we managed to catch, we had a guy onboad who was a paramedic but they were both so drunk it turned into a dam comedy show watching these two trying to get the hook outta his hand with a bottle of whiskey going back and forth between the two of them

we were poor when we were kids and only one of us had an acutal rod, so the rest of us took fishing line and wrapped it around hockey sticks and we would jig for bullheads and shiners at the docks in comox, we would just flip the stick around a few times to real it up. I caught a heron of some sort on a hockey stick that was diving for fish behind us, scared me at first when i seen a wing come up, i had no idea what to do next so i pulled real hard and TWANG my lure made a poof of feathers and came sailing right at me and hit me square in the balls,