View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickfast View Post
I would stick to the .270 win..If you want more speed then go with the 7MM rem...The recoil is the same as the .270WSM and speed is almost the same..Call me old school but i dont like any of the short mags..The .300WSM is the same as shooting a .300 win and the 7WSM is a round that wont last. And the .270WSM is like shooting 7MM..Ammo is cheeper for the standerd calibers if your not a hand loader and can be found every place that sells ammo...
You are doing the right thing by asking some questions and take in what everyone is saying...good luck on getting your new rifle and remember God built the .270win and man made the rest...
Yup and back when the belted short (2.5") magnums came out all the same stuff was heard, same a this or that, or buy a H&H it's easier to find.
Could some of you sticks in the mud find some original material!
The 270WSM actually does what it calims from a 24" bbl., can your 7mm Rem Mag do that? Bet you not, of all the factory ammo I've chronied for numerous 7mm Rem Mags, and all from 24" bbl's it seems they all come up at least 100fps short of published numbers. Handloads only make published figures when pushed very hard, and then there is the Rem Mags bad habit of having pressure spikes. Then there is case life....nope I'll go the WSM route.
And no the 270WSM does'nt kick even close to a 7mm Rem Mag. typically the rifles are 1/2lb lighter and usually kick about as hard as a 30'06.

There are no absolutes