View Single Post
Old 01-30-2015, 08:07 AM

While I'm not a land owner, I'm the guy that's politely driving into your place, removing sunglasses and approaching your front door in a non-threatening manner. Removing my hat and introducing myself with my FULL NAME is important to me - allowing you to first off hear who you're conversing with.

After introducing myself (this all takes place at the proper time of year - my preference is NOT during hunting season) I'll start off by mentioning my intentions; asking for permission to hunt. If this first mention of hunting gets your hair in a knot, I'll gladly shake your hand, thank you for your time and walk away (no use pushing the issue). If the thought of hunting goes over OK with you, I'll gladly talk to you as long as it takes for you to either feel comfortable enough with me to allow me permission (I love to walk hunting, see more game that way), or you'll get the feeling that it's just not going to work (and at that point, shake hands thanks for the time and walk away)

I believe that I'm a visitor on your land and I will always respect it more than my own land because I'm the visitor. I cherish each time I'm hunting, and being allowed permission on someone else's land means more than the act of hunting. If you don't like this approach to respecting your land or think I'm sucking up to you, I won't be back as it's my morals that I follow.... Taught to me by my father....

What really irks me is when I see the opposite happening.... That is just dis-respect to both land owners and fellow hunters.

BTW, to all those land owners on here that do allow others on their land, please accept my deepest thank you from those of us that aren't fortunate enough to own our own land, and really appreciate the opportunity to get some fresh air within your boundaries.

J.