Thread: shaw bill
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2018, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantThinkOfAName View Post
With the wife on mat leave, our internet usage absolutely went through the roof (well past our data limit). Shaw offered us a deal on their cable 150 with unlimited data for $88/month on 2-year contract because we are such good, long-term customers. Telus optic isn't available for us.
I decided screw Shaw and their yearly hikes and their involvement in FairPlay Canada. I switched to TekSavvy for $70/month. They're a 3rd party that uses the big telecom distribution (like Kodoo & Virgin do with cell towers).
The rate is cheaper than Shaw for using Shaw's network in my neighbourhood. I just switched over so we will see how it pans out in the long run but so far it's fine.
I wish I could really get away from the big telecoms totally but realistically it isn't gonna happen.
I'm with Teksavvy as well for more than a year I've had zero issues. I'm on an older plan but you can't beat 30 down and 5-10 up for $50 with no bandwidth limit. No cable, ooma home phone, hd antenna, and Netflix. Any thing that can't be found there I usually don't bother with.