Thread: AO Book Club
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2018, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafty85 View Post
^^^ didn’t realize the word would be blanked out, sorry. Glad you found it! I’ve been thinking about getting a kindle. How do you find it is on your eyes? I love reading paper books - they don’t strain eyes like a phone or computer.
I absolutely love it. I have the paperwhite edition, you can adjust the backlight setting infinitely. Keep it low when reading at night, doesn't bother the wife reading in bed, turn it up high in bright sunlight. Very easy on the eyes. Adjust font size, take and keep notes, hi light feature, dictionary/translate/wiki feature so for those times you come across a word you want to define or have clarity on, or translate, or maybe a person's name you want bio on...very handy. Battery goes a long way too. And, you can download an immense quantity of classic literature for cheap, and new releases for a good deal less than paper format. It has enabled me to read more, not less. Love it!

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone