View Single Post
Old 03-21-2019, 07:26 PM

I am down in NZ right now, and also a NZ firearms owner,

This is pretty much, What I had expected, and better than I had hoped,

All sensible viable hunting long arms, have been left alone, as has pistol class,
we can still have our 10/22, BAR, Rem 740, and semi shotguns,

The big problem has been that an A class, M16 or slr or similar (non restricted) could be bought and was supposed to be limited to a 7 shot Mag (I think),
but E class (restricted long arms) magazine's, 20-30 round, could be bought with no controls.
E class users, (Mssa) also had far greater vetting, storage, and inspection, and compliance costs. plus registration .
The general mood, is there is no tolerance, for MSSA rifles period, or high capacity shotguns, I have heard this repeated many times, in the last week, While getting a haircut at the barbers, couple days ago, the conversation between about 17 people flowed this way,
Neither am I surprised by the rapid movement, on banning them, this is a different society, with less levels of government, and there was full support across all parties'

I not happy that one foreign *****, was allowed in, (police failure)No vetting and no calls to references, murdered more, than this country usual Annual murder number, in one day,
We were allowed cool toys, because we were responsible, and lost sum of them, because one was not.

Any how the sun is shining, I just had fresh snapper and salad for lunch, there's a fallow deer hanging, in the shed I shot yesterday, to go butcher, A chopper booked for Saturday morning, for a few days in the scrub, hunting Red deer and trout, life goes on.
SM