View Single Post
Old 12-10-2019, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Henry View Post
Sad times for small business in all of rural Alberta. Big Game sports in Stettler has been hit twice in one year with the smash and grab tactics, and about two weeks ago the NAPA dealer in Stettler got the same treatment. GTI in Eckville got the same drive through customers in the early morning hours just recently. And I am sure there are more that I am not aware of.
There was a recent announcement that several million $$$ were going to be added to policing budgets to address rural crime. I doubt it will make any difference to the activities of the criminals who's targets are local businesses like Pud's Bashaw Sports or the other ones just mentioned.
Having been through similar circumstances in the past, it's more than just an inconvenience or the cost of doing business, it's rape.
These guys need your help to get them back on their feet. Help them out with your support, Buy local. David.
Definitely buy local. We’re gonna start seeing big cement barriers in front of every shop to stop this crap.
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill