Thread: Crossbows???
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertaguide View Post
this is the problem, we're all outdoorsmen sportsmen, but the rift between the different techniques we use to harvest game only results in a fractured front protecting all our rights to hunt fish and enjoy the outdoors. let alone the rifle shooters looking down on archers. we have the compound bow shooters against the traditional shooters and both attacking the crossbow users, in the firearms community we have the long range shooters against the muzzle loader crowd, and visa versa the list goes on and on. Weather you hunt hogs from a tree stand using a spear or dope the wind and elevation to take an elk on the far ridge line as long as you can ensure a clean humane kill and are committed to the ethics rights and responsabilities of a hunter (not killers). if we continue with the backstabbing and arguing as to what constitutes "real" hunting we will all lose. How many bow hunter here would vote to an outright ban on crossbow hunting? and when that happens what's stopping the slippery slope of some bleeding heart politician to pit the rifle hunter against bow hunters then brush hunters against long range hunters? soon we'll be limited to hunting in a single WMU and using only Non-military round firing non toxic lead free bullets fired from a ambidextrous single shot rifle with a fixed 4x scope, on every other Monday during November. No +300 fps compound bows, no handmade self bows no 200# crossbows no 17lb F-class rifles with 5-25x AO scopes, no iron sighted 30-30 leverguns. we'll all be sitting around the proverbial wood stove staring at each other saying "remember when...". For one I love shooting my 300 weatherby 208gr Amax at 1000 yds and my 50# recurve at 15 yds busting ducks with my 25 yr old 870 and coyotes with my AR-180. and i'd hate to lose them because we can't accept other sportsman idea of what he/she loves, strength comes from unity, a united front, and anyone saying "you aren't or can't or won't" is counterproductive. remember when...
AG, Has got it correct.

"Me neither but it's all in the eye of the beer holder"
norwestalta

.....out of bounds.....but funny none the less!

LC

"Funny how when a bear eats another bear, no one bats an eye, but......

when a human eats another human, people act like it's the end if the friggin world. News coverage, tweets, blogs, outrage, Piers Morgan etcetc.

Go figure." -Huntinstuff