View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 07:21 PM

I dont recall how long this guy is but Im 6'4" and 245lbs.

Same day different fish

I remember about 15 or so years ago when I was 13 my dad would drop me off at the old weir when you could use bait, my dad worked construction and I would get him to drop me off on his way to work at 5am. Myself along with about 6 or 8 religious older fisherman would be there fishing in the rough water of the weir for big browns using 4oz pyramid sinkers and a couple of homemade roe sacks. I caught my biggest brown I have ever caught on a cold October morning, I have a picture of me and that fish that one of the older 50 plus year old guys took for me, we measured that fish at 31" and around the 14lbs mark a huge male with a big gnarly hook jaw. I remember saying its so big it looks ugly and some random guy saying "son this aint a beauty contest its fishing"

Every since that morning I have been hooked on the Bow.

My personal best day on the bow was on a September evening fishing below the weir casting floating Rapalas to rising Browns, I have 17 polaroids of 17 different trout I caught between 6pm and 9pm 11 browns and 6 rainbows.

As much as I have cursed at that river I have thanked it. Sometime I forget how lucky I am to be able to drive such a short distance to such a great fishery.