View Single Post
Old 02-11-2016, 12:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by APAShooter View Post
So why is it when several experienced trappers on here . . . the forum you chose to ask the question . . . tell you that YES trapping/snaring coyotes does effect populations and absolutely can be considered a management tool to control predators you dismiss it as "Not a single person has said anything of substance, just innuendo and invective." Your words . .

Who are you to tell the world that your "models" are facts and that years and year of boots on the ground experience by the people closest to the situation is nothing more than "innuendo".

I have been dealing with people like you in the hunting, fishing and now trapping world my entire life . . . this is the only time i will waste in response, because that is what it is a waste of time.
I agree it is a waste of time but I'll leave you with a single question that no one has answered despite it being posed at least twice. It is fundamental that it be answered if you are going to manage coyote or wolf populations and is very simple.

If you are going to manipulate populations then the mortality you inflict must be additive to the normal year to year average mortality the population experiences. If this mortality inflicted by hunters and trappers is additive why is it that populations are not declining and the species will be extirpated shortly? This is the most basic and proven concept of population dynamics.

Is hunter and trapper inflicted mortality on coyotes and wolves additive or not?