View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post
That brings up an interesting point....I wonder how much the archery population will grow...or shrink.....if mule deer goes on draw. I can't imagine we'll see the growth rates that we now do.

If you can apply in both, wait times will go up substantially for archers.
If ESRD continues to use the defective math they are applying to estimate archery harvest, then you are likely correct. However, if they utilize statistics to project a (for sake of argument) 12% archery harvest for mule deer in each of these zones - which is exactly what they should be doing - then wait times would probably very short to non-existant in all but a handful of zones.

Deer Hunter, the graphs you posted make it very clear that there is a problem in AB, and it is not bow hunters. However, just so I am clear, are the percentages the landowner/guide allocation harvest as a percentage of total harvest? Or is it the percentage of resident harvest? Or are we looking at number of tags, and not actual harvest at all?

If it is the last option above, I would suggest that the guide/LO harvest as a percentage of total harvest would be substantially higher.