View Single Post
Old 05-27-2010, 08:30 PM

I watched my wife shoot a moose with a .243 at 100yrds, i had a .340 as backup, it pancaked and no i didn't shoot. I shot a bull elk twice broadside at 190 yards with a 300 weatherby it ran away and grew a gimped horn the next year. I shot a mature whitetail with a .340 on the run at better than 400 hit him behind the feed bag, infront of his hind leg no vitals he died, some internal bleeding but not that much. I then read an article about what the heart was doing on point of impact and thought maybe that was why? Watched my father shoot a mature whitetail with a 6.5 at 150, 200, 400 dropped it all three times, never found it. That bullet has great SD, hand loaded as well pushing better than 45000psi. Both come into play for a hunting bullet. One thing I'm certain of everything i have shot with a hand loaded 350 barnes 'X' out of my .416 Weatherby has died and i have never had to use a blood light, spend hours looking or watching anything run away wounded. My dad calls in the never have to track anything round, I call it the best all round caliber, everything dies....so far.