Thread: metis info
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2020, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baticus View Post
More posturing from the current government for votes is all that is.

Coming from a metis guy, this whole sky is falling theory is getting old. To most metis in those areas, it wont change much. Sure there may be a few bad apples that will take this overboard, but that already happens with a few within the current fn agreement. But it also happens with a few that are not effected by these agreements.

Don't forget that MOST everyone that enjoys the outdoors, and hunting or fishing, wouldn't want to see its resources depleted. We are all stewards of the land.

Also, although I do not agree with the apparent lack of agreement for the southern part of the province (thanks phillips for wanting to protect your "parks") this is more than just a provincial agreement. The supreme court of Canada has deemed it a constitutional right for metis. This means that although this agreement could get changed, or scrapped for a period of time, there will always be another.

I’ve read lots of these posts and it reminds me of the Sunday comics. This guy had nailed exactly how it’s gonna be. Just because the Métis can doesn’t mean every single one of them is gonna run out and hunt and fish. If they did before I’m sure they will continue to hunt and fish in the same way. The sky is not falling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk