View Single Post
Old 08-31-2022, 10:00 AM

A general comment about large overseas shipping companies - as pointed out above - overseas freight costs peaked at around 400% of "normal" contract and spot pricing about 8 months ago and have been normalizing. This was due to backlog in ports due to covid and nothing else.

Fuel, cost of cash and fleet maintenance, labor, etc... did not go up nearly that rate - so the cost of freight (and the revenue it brings to these companies) was artificial and purely a supply/demand driven through backlog (and to a far lesser extent) some capacity.

All of the big shipping companies benefitted. Many have added capacity (specific to their primary lanes).

The current decline of this stock price is now bring this all back to "normal".

The story for ZIM is likely in alignment with that - so I personally don't see any big benefit and/or detriment to buying this stock, dumping it if you have it, or anything.

Things are normalizing. I agree with Dean - he is spot on here. I work with overseas freight and manufacturing on a very large scale daily and his insight (derived from his research) mirrors what we "industry insiders" already know.