View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Lets wait and see what the courts decide ok?

If Mr. Knight gets off scot free then yes I will say that he did the right thing.

However if he gets jail time or even just probation and is banned from owning firearms then I will say he did the wrong thing.

Once the thieves know he is not allowed to own firearms they will rip him off again and if by chance he does have another gun then he will be looking at jail time for sure.

So ask yourself if a quad is worth jail time and a criminal record?

My answer is no.

If Mr Knight gets off Scot free I too will say he did the right thing. Where Jester and I vary in opinion is that I feel if Mr Knight does not get off Scot free or something equating to a judicial rap on the knuckles, then I feel our courts will have failed us. He'll have still done the right thing, he'll just have to deal with some repercussions as a result.

Is a quad worth jail time and a criminal record? No

Is a principle worth sticking up for. Absolutely. Without people sticking up for principles, we're all screwed. Defending yourself, your family and your property against unprovoked theft and intrusion is paramount to every natural instinct we have. Its not something we need a written law to tell us. Its known by every human culture on earth, even among many communal animals. Wolves know this. Buffalo know this. Ants know this. Hold your ground or you might as well hand it over.

Jester is awaiting the courts decision to dictate his opinion for him. I've laid mine out already.