View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
These are your conclusions from your experiment from shooting a crossbow off a table and sandbags at a target at 100 yds.....you're kidding right?

If you get busted drawing your compound bow at 100 yds then you are doing something wrong. If you can shoulder a crossbow indefinitely then you are awesome. Oh boy.......I think that you need to give it a little more thought.
What? Those are not conclusions from one range day. Those are conclusions based on 25 years of bowhunting. I used a bag because I could use a bag. Just like anyone who is serious about sighting in a rifle. I would never sight in a rifle offhand. You can't do that with a compound, so that is a plus for a crossbow.........a good thing! Somehow I get the feeling that all the plusses that I point out about crossbows are taken negatively by the people who are crossbow proponents. I don't get it?

Getting busted at 100 yards? Didn't imply that at all. In a tree stand I normally set up with a shooting possibility of maybe 30 yards, using my compound. Deer come in closer than that.......you know, they don't do what you want them to do. I've been busted countless times drawing my bow on deer that were close in. Now with a crossbow, that is not a factor. And, I have held on deer with my crossbow shouldered for a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time. Too easy, sitting in a stand. Sitting dowm, elbows on knees/thighs, crossbow in hand, eyes through the scope (same as a rifle). You could stay in that position indefinately if you had to. I've already done it, don't have to put any more thought into it. I have hunted with a compound long enough to know that in a tree stand a crossbow is the KING.

If a crossbow were legal in the archery season I would always use it in a treestand or blind.

Last edited by CNP; 06-13-2013 at 09:05 AM.