Thread: Tikka or Sako?
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2021, 12:02 PM

Default Owned Both

Ive owned both Sako and Tikka. I have nothing negative to say about either of them. Same company owns both brands like (GMC and Chevy).

The Sako came with a metal magazine, the Tikka was plastic. For some people this is important. Others dont care. Both fed equally as well in my rifles. One of the advantages of the Sako magazine was that it could accept longer cartridges. So if you reload and like to chase the lands then the Tikka can be problematic because you may be limited in COAL by mag length.

I found that both produced better groups then I was capable of shooting most days. They are very well made and are exceptionally accurate right out of the box. Both come with a sub MOA Guarantee.

The TIkka is a 2 lug action but the bolt design keeps the throw very low and staggeringly smooth (for the price). The Sako is a 3 lug action and they claim they are controlled round feed. It is a very low bolt throw and is also smooth as butter.

You wont go wrong with either. I dont think the deer or elk will know the difference.

If I was making the decision I would likely go with the Tikka for the following reasons in no particular order:

Put the cost savings to the optics
Aftermarket Upgrades
No fear of using the rifle due to cost (not scared of wrecking)
equally as accurate

PS I know some will question the control round feed comment so hear is a video from SAKO

https://youtu.be/4kL5kJZL8X0