View Single Post
Old 03-22-2018, 07:10 AM

Funny you mentioned the trying to starve the wolves to death method JR! They are trying that on my trapline. 800+ moose tags a year in my zone!
Caught 4 more wolves 2 days ago and guess what, those wolves are nothing but skin and bone and diseased like no other. Thing is it isn't killing them...... I have killed a pile of them this year again and sad to say I no piece of fur from any of them. They are all sick, mangy, lice infected and in poor health. It has nothing to do with the numbers of wolves in the area. There are not many left in most of my trapline now.
I'm done with wolves now till numbers go back up. It will be going back to Coyotes now. There was some money from the Gov't this year for trapping wolves but it was pennies and I am in the hole a great deal for wasting my time catching them especially this year because I left the coyotes alone. I figured I would give the new program a chance but it looks like it has been funded mostly by myself and the only good I have seen the last few years is my ungulate population has near trippled with the sign I have seen.
I have done my part!