View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 01:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutter87 View Post
Its not freedom actually, you can't buy a weapon with the intent to use it on a person if a situation arises.

And what will you tell the police in your frantic andrenaline driven statement? I had a shotgun loaded beside my bed in case someone broke in? You will go to jail, did you call the police as soon as someone entered your home? I hope so, cause if not you will go to jail. Did you leave your room and persue those invading your home? If so, you most likely will go to jail.

Safet bet will be to have your Wife call the police, then you walk outside your door and yell "I have a firearm, and if you do not leave the house I will use it". 9.9/10 times the people will run away and you will be saved the fiasco of Legal bills and the mental anguish of taking a life.

I know most of you big scary gun tooting cop callers say you would fire without a second thought, but if shooting people takes a toll on a cop, someone trained to do it. Then I imagine it will take a toll on you to.

Well put, the OP needs to understand that this is Canada, you will be prosecuted if you shoot someone in your home. There has been case after case in the last decade where people defending their homes or businesses with firearms have been arrested, prosecuted and jailed for doing so. Not to mention the tens of thousands of dollars in legal fees.

Like Mutter said, tell them loudly you have a gun, if you have one, work the action a few times. Chances are they'll leave.