View Single Post
Old 11-12-2016, 07:51 AM

Default Difference between Cabelas and Bass Pro Shops

This winter I decided to purchase an ice fishing shelter. After reading all the comments and suggestions on here and considering the type/price of the shelter I would want, I decided to purchase one up in Calgary. Having never owned one before, I wanted to visit both Cabelas and Bass pro Shop to see which one had the better price and a display set up. I first went to Cabelas first, then went to Bass Pro Shop at the CrossIron Mall. The shelter I decided to get was the Eskimo 949I because of all the good things I had read about them. Cabelas price was $499.00 on sale for $399.00 with lots of stock. However they only had 1 display model which was a Clam. I asked a staff member all kinds of questions about the different types of shelters, and they were very knowledgeable and pleasant to deal with. I didn't purchase one because I wanted to see what Bass Pro has to offer. Upon arriving at Bass Pro, they had more than 8 displays set up, but not the one I was wanting to buy. After hunting down a staff member, I tried to inquire about the Eskimo 949i. All I received in response was rudeness. When I asked if they had any in stock, the staff member snapped back at me that all they had for shelters was what was on the floor. When I asked about possibly ordering 1 in, again he snapped back saying good luck and that because of the time of year that it's really hard to get any in. Furthermore if I did wanna order 1 in, I'd have to order it myself and have it delivered to my house and pay the shipping charges. The Bass Pro Shop price btw is listed for $329.00, but that's American which works out to $445.00. Not only did Bass Pro Shop not have any, but they were more expensive and the staff member was a complete dick to deal with. Having said all that, I then left their store and drove back to Cabelas and purchased one there. I am reminded why I love shopping at Cabelas, and not so much at Bass Pro Shop.