View Single Post
Old 01-12-2022, 11:59 AM

Developed? I'm assuming this was never an issue in the past with the same brass then. I had a cooper that needed warranty work right out of the gate, but if you switched brass, then that could be part of the problem. It should handle all quality brass with 100% reliability.

Were you shooting any 5.56 in there with a little extra steam?

I found this on accurate shooter, not a t3 but still the same design.

"I ran a 595 XTC for several years, having it load and eject anything I feed it. However, after a barrel change I started to have some problems with it ejecting, causing a few alibis in rapid strings. I replaced the ejector spring with several different lengths and compressions, did find a size that worked, some of the time. A friend took a look and found that Lapua worked best, as its head diameter is wider than WW, LC, etc.

Not fully satisfied, I turned to the extractor, a Sako design, and wondered although it extracted ok, if the claw had a deep and firm hold on the case. Pulling the bolt back it would just flop back into the well. I took the extractor out, stretched the spring a bit by working a flat blade screwdriver between the coils, and then using a Dremel with a cut off wheel, lightly increased the depth of the claw on the extractor.

IT WORKED, any case now flips out easily and consistently."

Good luck, and let us know what you find.