View Single Post
Old 01-17-2022, 07:39 PM

I got this off of the internet. Savage has the same system and I have done both the Savage and Tikka. As the guy says watch out for the spring and ball or small plunger I don't remember which it was. He has a good idea of doing it inside the bag. Taking the claw off and cleaning everything well fixed both my Tikka and Savage.

Get a little screwdriver (electronics/fine machine type) or a mechancis pick set and a gallon ziploc bag. Hold the bolt in a bench vise, put the bag over the bolt, use your little screwdriver and push the little detent pin down while gently tipping back/outward on the extractor. Takes a little finagaling, but you'll get it. Make sure you use the baggie or you'll be buying parts. The little detent pin will fly unless you capture it some how.

No, you wont bugger it up unless your a complete bonehead with absolutley no mechanical common sense.. Chances are you'll lose the pin or spring way before you ever bend or wreck anything..

Thomas Sowell