View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 12:45 AM

All my reasons that I have previously posted on why I don't agree with crossbows are my expirence, If you want me to draw you a picture I can. If you want me to tell you a bed time story I can. Telling me your expirence with a crossbow was 20 Years ago and without any speeds or kinetic energy numbers is not expirence. You shot a crossbow once.....I'm sure alot of people have too, at the Calgary Stampede.

Here's one quick one.

A buddy of mine bought a 10 point crossbow, brought it out to a family function. Within minutes we had that thing sighted in to 60 yards. His 4 yrs old son, with his dad behind him could accuratley hit a ballon at 60 yards. On a rest, put the cross hair on the ballon pull the trigger...pop.

Your talking about a rifle like weapon, that shoots arrows up too 325 ft/ sec with 170 ish pound limbs, with a 500 grain arrow!!!! Do the math and give me the kinetic energy, and then tell me the distance at what a xbow can kill out too!!! Math doesn't lie. Nor does the penetration that we were seeing at that distance.....our bows were not getting nowhere near that penetration.

It's a fun toy to play with. We've also played with them in the archery clubs, Chrono's, arrows, speeds , weights etc... just trying to see what we can achieve, and the results were more than a bow.So as far as expirence, with todays crossbows I know what i'm talking about, and the people on this forum who know me will vouch for me again and again.

As far as me talking out my hind end...Real men never talk about other mens hind ends.

If this post satisfies you i'm glad, most educated people on here get what I was saying from my previous short form posts.....

P.s why do i get p.m's from other members about you???

Try not arguing with everyone and just share your opinion and move on, not call people out and tell them your an expert because of 20 yrs ago!!!