View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 08:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishootbambi View Post
did you even read the post? i owned a xbow 20 years ago and found it comparable to compounds of the time. i did some shooting with another a year and a half ago and again found it comparable to compounds of the time. lets use your numbers. 325 feet per second with a 500 grain projectile. my current bow shoots 310 with a 370 grain projectile. what do you reckon the arc of the arrow/bolt looks like? kinetic energy is ZERO on your target if you cant hit it. i believe you could sight in a xbow for 60 and have someone pop a balloon. i know if you did that you wouldnt hit anything at 40, 30 or any other range. why....because its a bow. the ARC of the arrow is the root of the word ARCHERY.
so then you're mad because i prefer vertical archery but i am not selfishly trying to exclude another form of archery. as a matter of fact i am standing up for archery in all its forms. i like traditional guys too.
do i need to highlight it for you...i stated many times i am no crossbow expert...i simply have some experience and am unbiased in my views.
finally...really???? i got a pm about you???? i have more friends than you??? sorry, im done in this one.....yer just getting childish now! cya in the next topic.
Because of trajectory Xbows are Bows?
Thats called gravity BAMBI. What do thing guns do? Zero in 200 your not hitting a balloon at 300 or 400. The "arc" or a bolt doesnt make it a bow. However, the fact that its a point and shoot shouldered rifle like stalk DOES make it a firearm.