View Single Post
Old 05-28-2020, 07:43 PM

Thumbs up Thanks

I want to thank every body for your input, and i will be posting in September what was the end of this. In appreciation for your responses I'm posting this recipe for you to enjoy.

Angry Bear Paw Soup

INGREDIENTS
For the Broth
2 Kilos of hands, paws of black, brown or polar bear
3 Liters of tap water
2 tablespoons of white vinegar
1 large tomato
1 head of garlic
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons of bell pepper
1 Tablespoon habanero powder (optional if you don't man up)

For soup
1 large yellow onion, cut into half slices
2 medium white potatoes cut into 2 cm cubes
1 large carrot cut into 1 cm cubes
1 medium green bell pepper cut into half slits

Extra to taste
1 red onion, finely chopped
1 Bunch of fresh coriander, finely chopped
3 Lemons broken into 4 pieces each

INSTRUCTIONS
For the broth
1. Rinse the paws with plenty of cold water to whiten them and remove dirt and hair.
2. Cut the paws with a sharp knife, 6 large pieces should come out of each hand, 5 pieces of each of the fingers and 1 large piece of the wrist or heel.
3. Remove the seeds from the tomato and pass it on a grater to discard the skin.
4. Put the 3 liters of water in a large pot, the hands already cut, the grated tomato, the garlic head cut in half, the paprika and habanero powder, the vinegar and the salt. All the meat must be submerged in the broth water, cook covered over a very low heat for 10 hours, making sure that not too much water evaporates, fill with more water if necessary.
5. After 10 hours, remove the meat and bone it carefully, carefully cleaning the bones of the gelatin and meat that may be stuck.
6. Discard all the bones and return the meat to the broth.
7. Add the yellow onion, potatoes, carrot and bell pepper to the broth.
8. Add little water so that everything is covered by the broth.
9. Bring the broth to medium heat and cook for 30 minutes, or until the carrots and potatoes are tender.
10. Adjust the salt if necessary.
11. Chop the fresh coriander, and the red onion.
12. Serve the soup in large bowls, enriching it to taste with the chopped coriander, red onion and lemon juice.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.jpg (41.4 KB, 46 views)