View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 11:19 PM

I use a HB 798c si that I picked a year ago from GPS central. I love it. I can honestly say that I have used the side imaging to locate fish,then used the arrows to move the cursor across the screen to mark the fish, then mark the way point with a button press, then use the go to waypoint feature to find the spot, then drop a line and catch fish. I've done that on slow fishing days and it produced some fish. I'll never be without one again. Great unit. The gps features also let you load your waypoints into computer software and import them to Google earth. Then with a little creativity and a bathymetry map you can mark drops and structure spots onto your SD cards and load them into your GPS fish finder without ever having to have been on the lake before. I use this feature often for lakes I've never fished. It gives you a good starting point anyway. I also like the navioncs maps features that this finder has. Really, for $800 you get a great finder with side imaging, a GPS, the ability to create your own waypoints and without ever being on a lake and for the exta $169 you can have the hotmaps lake charts.

I realize not everyone wants to spend $1000 on a fish finder but I'm sure glad I splurged on mine. Well worth it IMO.