View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 06:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenC68 View Post
I don't mean to be a dick and I hope it doesn't come off this way...but if 6 months ago you were asking for help, and clearly now you know enough to give solid advice like that why don't you take him out and show him the ropes? Offer to teach him instead of telling him to wait...there is no time like the present to learn about waterfowl hunting...don't dismiss his eagerness to learn simply because its an "inconvenience" to take someone.

Oh and NOT ONCE have I EVER had someone swing a gun infront of me or onto me...if you are a "pro" you set up firing lanes, you have one guy making the shot calls and everything else falls into place...

Again....if you have the ability (and based on your youtube vides you do) to teach someone...DO IT!!!!!

I can see that I have been picked to be the sacrificial lamb on this forum.

I am still new and I am trying to tell him how hard it is because no one took me on a hunt and it wasn't easy. I had to go myself and learn through reading and watching, talking to people and taking new hunters as well that I have known previously and we learned together. I wouldn't mind taking someone new but I have had people swing in my lane and scare me because of the excitement of wanting to shoot a goose. I have also almost been shot by a brand new hunter who fired off a shot behind me trying to field zero in his gun. I also know of many hunting stories from Europe that amused injury or death due to stupidity. Secondly I just started a job and don't know if I, myself will be able to go hunt as there is literally no time to take off. I love how I need to explain myself with everything.