View Single Post
Old 06-12-2019, 09:18 AM

Default Update on Minn Kota Terrova W/i-pilot

With all the positive response I thought keep it & try to mount the motor . Not that simple , putting it on a 1988 16 FT. Misty River Tournament Series which has a existing bow mount platform for mounting electric bow mounts . Center of Platform is 21 " from point of keel , is 16 1/4 W x 11 1/2 " D & about 3/8 to a 1/4 high above the bow . Aluminum support underneath at the edge of platform toward keel . My old Auto pilot mounted without any issues using the MKA 16 quick release bracket . The motor base on it is 15 1/4 " long & Terrova is 17 " a difference of 1.6 " . My original quick release fits motor fine but I can't seem to get the required 1 1/2 " clearance for the shaft from gunwale while deployed without sliding & mounting the motor unit up to the middle holes on the top bracket base . This allows the minimum 4 hole mounting but creates a problem with the release lever on the motor while you push down it touches down on power wire . The bottom base can be bolted with minimum of 4 bolts & possible 5 depending On angle position of quick release bottom base . Seems solid but this results in a over hang of bottom base from mounting platform & when motor is on adding weight it could cause a issue once moving over the water . Add support on this end ? . Spent considerable time trying to figure out . Will have to return unit if solution isn't found . Hence no bow mount for this boat . Need help , any suggestions .