View Single Post
Old 12-09-2015, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vor Techs View Post
I have read a few past threads in the outdoorsman forum in regards to Vortex products. I have only found a couple in which the owners had an issue with the product. But, the real issue is that they did not take advantage of our warranty, and instead complained that there was an issue and did nothing about it.

Vortex is very proud of the products we put out for our customers. I want everyone here to know that although we try to make the highest quality of optics possible,if you do have a piece of vortex equipment and it is not functioning properly, please send it to us and we will be happy to look at it for you. Most times we can repair the item here in Canada or it might be needed to go to the USA for a major repair. We look at each case individually, and if it is needed and in the customers best interest we will replace it. The only cost to you the customer is to ship the item to us. We look after return shipping it back to you.
It is very important to know that we are here to help you and to ensure you the customer are happy with your purchase. However, if you do not speak up and let us know if there is a problem, we wont be able to help you. So, if you do have an issue let us know and we will make it right. We want to keep you effective while your in the field.

Thank You
Reg
With all due respect Reg, the real issue is catastrophic failure of a product in the field. Warranty is great but it doesn't make you feel better if you have just gut shot an animal because your scope wouldn't hold zero. A buck of a lifetime is just that, you will never have the opportunity again and there is no amount of compensation that is going to change that or reduce the suffering of the animal.

You folks have done a very good job on advertising, convincing me to try the product. I could have written the story above about the two scopes not holding zero as my experience was identical, all be it with a different model.

I am also curious about the "in the customer's best interest" statement above in regards to product replacement. When would it not be in the customer's best interest to receive a new product over a refurbished product with a history of failure? I was under the impression that Vortex offered over the counter replacement from their dealers. In fact I received this service. Has the warranty policy changed over the last few years?

On a positive note, I was impressed with the glass considering price point. I would consider purchasing Vortex binoculars in the future.